Friday, May 17, 2013

I won't watch my words crashing down on me.

"No I won't let go, until I know what we can be!? I won't watch my words crashing down on me."

I said this to the pages I left half-written a few months ago. I can't blame anything else but my procrastination that today has cost me those pages. Something that could have been so much more beautiful and real.

--------------------------

She approached me like many others did. I'd be perched outside the tea stall with a smoke and she'd walk around like a bambi doll. I hated her. But she didn't. I knew her love would cost me someday. And it did.

--------------------------

Tomorrow is her Birthday. You know, every year leaves me worried as hell, trying to make her birthday as special as possible. She is a drama queen. Everything for her has to be her fairytale. I am her fairytale.
But nonetheless, I failed.

--------------------------

Our silence around each other was our solitude.I'd never have to complete my sob stories to her, because she exactly knew what it would end as. And with not more than 2 sentences, I'd know the solution/advice she's wanting to give me. Such were we.

---------------------------

For years, we were the only perfect things that happened to each other. But then I got married.
And this left her devastated for a long time. But how was it my mistake? If only she'd told me I would have probably decided otherwise or may be waited a while. But she never told me clearly how much this meant to her. How much I meant to her.

-----------------------------

The funniest fights happen between us. Her mom always sought solace in me, with regards to her gone-case daughter. She knew, only I could deal with the apple-of-her-eye! I love that feeling.

-------------------------------


We are just perfect for each other. Only if she was a boy, we'd be married with the most adorable (read - imaginary) kids right now. She dreads the very thought of mothering a kid. A travel freak she thinks she is. But hell no, she hasn't travelled beyond Mulund ever.

--------------------------------

Her breakfast pangs always leave me terrified. I hate it when she cribs for food. Still, It's become my moral duty to feed her. And watch her smile with a snort.


******************************************************************************

Ishika shut the book after the last note left a blur in her eyes. She couldn't even hug Sharlet for this.



2 comments:

  1. very nice and very apt.. couldn't have such a perfect description ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vivek :)
      ....follow my word press link...that's much better!

      http://rachelpilaka.wordpress.com/2013/05/24/the-wind/

      Delete