Saturday, May 18, 2013

I'll be your shadow, Mom!

"Rhymes do sound beautiful, but so do plain words."


I'll walk like a beaming light along your lonesome shadow;
I'll hold your hand when it's dark.
I'll rub your feet when you feel cold;
I'll kiss your forehead for a good night sleep.

I'll iron your clothes way so you don't have to hurry;
I'll cook your favourite meal way before you are hungry.
I'll help you pick the best outfit for that special occasion;
I'll gift you the colour that leaves a twinkle in your eyes.

I'll fold your bed-sheets when you wake up;
I'll give you your first cup of tea with the newspaper.
I'll let you watch your favourite show and not even frown;
I'll fight those demons within your head and put you to peace.

I'll start where you left off;
I'll bug you with my wedded stories.
I'll show you the love I couldn't;
I'll try until I can make up for it.

I'll cry along when you miss dad;
I'll wipe your sleepy tears too.
I'll be the daughter you never had;
And I promise it will be my whole life through.

4 comments: