Thursday, May 23, 2013

I saw this commercial and...I logged on.


So, here's another campaign that urges us (read - citizens of India) to stand up for our rights, fight the injustice, speak up, stop blaming, stop pontificating and more. No two doubts about the fact that I did actually like the concept, the idea, the execution, not the jingle as much, but overall a very thought-provoking and provocative campaign.

But that's it. What it stays to, is a campaign. A creative campaign that probably wins awards, earns recognition, a million Facebook shares, probably two million likes as well, and more.... (read - a rewarding experience for the people who worked on it).

I remember some other 'Classroom' Campaign. That was awesome or what! Totally loved it. Left me thinking for sure. But, what more? Yet another brilliant, kick-ass campaign.

Another one being a certain Mumbai Campaign. For me, the recall in that TV commercial was that woman standing on the sky-walk/bridge. Yet again, why do I remember this? Because of its splendid concept + execution, not forgetting the copy.

But then again, just a campaign.
I'm going to wait to see how this new & incredibly executed campaign changes/alters/provocates any sort of change in the people who need to change. And then may be write another post.
Because, before you stand up and ask me if I am doing my bit for the society, I'll say....


"I am one of those young women who, day in and day out who live in the insecurity of being the weaker sex (yes, I said weaker). I am out there trying to educate my female peers of how to ensure you live to be at least a 50. And for my male counterparts I'm ensuring they are a bit educated (if not MBAs) to understand the importance of another life.

May be the damage is done. May be some of the apples are ruined. But I won't give up hopes on my generation and the ones to come. I pray they don't rape, they don't adhere to domestic violence, they don't believe in gender-bias, and aren't faltering.
This is the least I can do, if not everything. And may be write too."

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment